Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 11/09/2006, 00:41   #189
ottobald
Usuario Registrado

ottobald está en el buen camino
On the board of the GMI units I found out there is a Chip PCM 1742e = Delta Sigma Audio DAC. This one is missing on the SL-35s units. Maybe on EL700 units too. This could be the reason why the SW istn compatible between SMT and GMI. Can anyone confim that Silvercrest SL65 new has this chip onboard? Can anyone confirm that on all units where the E**u soft works there isnt this chip?

There is an issue with Truman TM190 firm on GMI units regarding the sound. No sound available on GMI units. I think this is because the Truman has also noc additional PCM 1742e Audio DAC. Can anybody confirm this?

Maybe the SMT units have a different audio DAC onboard. Has anyone an idea which chip could do the audio DAC job on the SMT boards?

Edit:

Meanwhile I found out its a WM8521 chip which is doing the Audio DAC job on SMT-boards. It is connected via 6 pins to the ALI M3329 pins 183 ... 188.

So this is the real diffrence in Hardware which could prevent EL700 soft to run on Solvercrest SL65 boards.

SMT boards have instead a WM8521 Audio DAC. There are no feedbacklines /acknowlede lines back to the processor. So there is no feedback from these chips which could be source for the firmware to block running on a "unwanted" system.

Edit: All the lines from the ALI to Audio DAC are directed to the DAC. No feedback, no acknowledgement.
ottobald está desconectado
Subir